Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Cardinal Burke Says the Pope Does NOT Consider Him an Enemy



Here is my favorite part: He said the Pope is encouraged by his candor!



"I have never been, and I am not presently, the enemy of the Pope," the American cardinal said. Although he has made a number of public statements that have been critical of the Pope's public statements, Cardinal Burke stressed that he will always remain loyal to the Pontiff.

Cardinal Burke reported that he had told Pope Francis, in a friendly conversation: "Holy Father, the only way I can serve you is by speaking the truth in the best and clearest way possible." He said that the Pope replied: "That's what I want."

I absolutely believe this.

The accusation we are pope haters is about as credible as the accusation we're 'republicans'.

The Holy Father has told people we love to listen to heretics when making prudential judgments about how to respond to temptation. They have embraced that advice and are being robbed of their salvation.

Any and every Catholic who takes their baptismal vows seriously, who loves Christ and loves their relatives and friends is going to stand in the public square and blow a trumpet. At a deafening decibel level until they wave a white flag in surrender, or it collapses on its own. As it always does.

We may hate the effect of a person who is causing great harm, we may do everything in our power to stop it, but we do not hate the person. We don't take a shine to him, but we don't hate him!

Cardinal Burke also re-affirmed that he/we will never be part of a schism.


“Absolutely not,” he said. “I will never leave the Catholic Church. No matter what happens I intend to die a Roman Catholic. I will never be part of a schism.

“I’ll just keep the faith as I know it and respond in the best way possible. That’s what the Lord expects of me. But I can assure you this: You won’t find me as part of any schismatic movement or, God forbid, leading people to break away from the Catholic Church. As far as I’m concerned, it’s the church of our Lord Jesus Christ and the pope is his vicar on earth and I’m not going to be separated from that.”


Love this man!

We are going nowhere.

Staying with the Eucharist, Sacraments and Deposit of Faith. Hanging on to everything we can to preserve the Inheritance that belongs to the next generation.

1 comment:

Michael Dowd said...

Thanks Carol. I'm with Cardinals Burke and Sarah and I pray for the Pope and speak out about him when it seems appropriate. I am happy Pope Francis appreciates our candor if though he doesn't much cotton to rigid Catholics.